close
What could it be?

Home Forums Fertility What could it be?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  avicitiffany 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

avicitiffany
    Participant

Hello,
    I am new here. Not actually trying to conceive as I am only 19 and a half – but, I am desperately trying to find out whether I am infertile or not. It is my dream to have children one day, and the not knowing whether or not this will be possible for me is just awful (as I am sure you can all understand).

Bit of background: I started by period when I was about 13 and a half. I then did not have another period for a whole six months! After my second period, nothing.

I became anorexic 6 months after my second period, so I don’t know whether or not I would have had another period if I had not lost weight.

I was anorexic from the age of about 14 and a half until 18 and a half. A little over a year ago, I went into treatment and I reached a healthy weight this September. However, my period has not started.

I have been to do many doctors and gynaecologists (NHS and private), but none of them can tell me what is going on. Since my period was so erratic even before I became anorexic, I do not think this is anything to do with having been ill. However, all the doctors just assume because of my medical history that it is because of the anorexia, and just tell me that my periods will start in a few more months of being at a healthy weight. BUT I KNOW THEY WON’T.

I have had so many blood tests and pelvic scans, but nothing out of the ordinary has been found. I thought it could be pcos, but apparently I show no signs of that. I am desperate to know whether I can have children.

Please, can anyone tell me what this might be? Or, perhaps recommend a good gynaecologist in the London area?

Please help.
    Thanks!
    I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.
    References:http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=386482.0

Brand Promotion Video

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.